Skip to content
Health is Wealth!
Be good to your heart. Make lifestyle changes to improve your health and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Be more active.
- Find an activity or hobby that you enjoy.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk with a friend.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet.
- Eat high fibre foods like whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid fad diets.
- Watch the portion size of your foods.
- Control high blood pressure.
- Discuss your current medications and their risks of increasing blood pressure with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Meditation, yoga and breathing exercises can help lower blood pressure.