“The PSW program offered by Conestoga College through ParaMed is absolutely amazing so far. The teaching methods, compassion, patience and engagement our educators for the PSW program provide us is absolutely amazing and one of a kind."
Interested in Free ParaMed Training Programs?
Tell us a bit about yourself by completing the form below and we’ll get in touch regarding our training programs suited to you.
Why Join ParaMed as a Support Worker?
- Join the largest and best Health Care company in Canada
- Competitive wages
- Attractive and flexible scheduling options
- Work independently within your community
- New grads will be trained with experienced mentors
- Full health and dental benefits for you and your immediate family
- Company-paid cell phone for scheduling and communications
- Pay for travel/mileage
- 24-hour clinical support
- Employee discount programs
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- One-on-one patient care
- Opportunities for additional training with careers leading into management roles
Learn About ParaMed’s Training
As Canada’s leading home health care services provider for over 40 years we are pleased to offer free PSW training delivered in collaboration with select Ontario colleges.
- Accelerated PSW training with a direct path to employment upon successful completion of the program
- Tuition-free hybrid delivery model with theory offered through online learning coupled with in-person on-site labs
- Gain critical practical experience and “earn while you learn” during your fully paid field placement
- Earn an accredited PSW certificate from an Ontario college
Join our winning team at ParaMed and let us help you become PSW certified and enter an exciting and fulfilling career in healthcare.
Day in the Life of a PSW
Working as a PSW for ParaMed is an exciting and rewarding career. Let us tell you about a day in the life of a PSW:
- Visit with several patients per day, travelling from home to home to provide care.
- Help with a variety of household tasks – meal assistance, light clean-up duties, etc.
- Provide cognitive, social, emotional, psychological support to the patient and family
- Assisting with the use of walkers and canes, transfers from bed, chair, wheelchair, toilet, etc.
- Rising and retiring – Dressing and putting on shoes, brushing hair, teeth, shaving, etc.
- Personal care – Assisting with bathing, showering, toileting, etc.
- Socializing and companionship for those in need of emotional support
Find a PSW training program at the most convenient location suited to your needs. Check back frequently as we post new sessions regularly.
Kingston, Prince Edward County, Belleville, Oshawa & Whitby areas
Accelerated PSW Training Program with Fleming CollegeMonday, February 14th 2022
- 6 month program (combination of theory online and in-person labs at Fleming College)
- Receive a recognized Personal Support Worker certification!
Spots are limited so apply today and secure your seat!