We’re Hiring PSWs!
Come Join our Dynamic Team of Community Caregivers.
Our Personal Support Workers (PSWs) and Home Care Aides (HCAs) provide essential support to patients in your community. Come work with us – we can offer immediate assignments for both part-time and full-time hours. Help us achieve our goal to Redefine Care!
Norma was so very good, thorough, kind...helpful...and she just fit right in and made me feel comfortable.
Interested in a PSW/HCA Career at ParaMed?
Please visit our job listings below to apply for openings that interest you. If you’re pressed for time and want to let us know you’d like to learn more about our PSW or HCA roles, please provide your contact information here.
Why Join the PSW Team at ParaMed?
ParaMed cares deeply about our people and the patients we support.
- Join the largest Health Care company in Canada
- Competitive wages
- Pay for travel/mileage
- Ability to work 1:1 with patients
- Attractive and flexible scheduling options
- Work independently within your community
- Full-time employees receive health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Company-paid cell phone for scheduling and communications
- Employee discount programs
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities for additional training with careers leading into management roles
A higher level of care for all those we serve.
There are several ways to qualify as a Personal Support Worker or Home Care Aide.
- PSW, DSW or HCA Certificate from an accredited school
- Nursing Students
- International Healthcare Providers
If you don’t have these qualifications, that’s okay!
We offer FREE training to become a PSW through our College partners.
What else do I need to have to become a PSW or HCA with ParaMed?
- Willing to travel to see patients within your community (Some locations require access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s licence)
- Ability to pass a criminal check (CPIC) with clear Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS)
- Ability to demonstrate compassion, tactful and thorough care for our patients and their families
Not ready for PSW training at this time? We offer PAID training to become a Home Support Worker in under 4 weeks.